EUR 109,563JPY 14,472,194BGN 214,284CZK 2,794,955DKK 814,810GBP 95,000HUF 38,818,217PLN 497,143RON 539,522SEK 1,116,503CHF 119,698ISK 16,083,867NOK 1,117,248HRK 821,176RUB 9,468,314TRY 1,129,629AUD 172,704BRL 660,512CAD 161,255CNY 842,288HKD 1,015,584IDR 1,891,780,549ILS 426,518INR 9,694,255KRW 148,355,052MXN 2,677,789MYR 541,450NZD 186,531PHP 6,337,351SGD 175,301THB 4,106,645ZAR 1,841,285
Offered for: GBP 95,000
1974 E type V12 Roadster OTS Manual with overdrive.
Vin Number: UE1S24126BW
Registration number: YND319L
A fully restored E type in the desirable original colour of British Racing Green with a Cinnamon interior. This car was imported by a motor engineer specializing in E Types & further improved as the below list indicates. The brief was to make the car as modern day driveable as possible; a brief that was completely successful resulting in the car we find today. The car has covered 46,000 miles from new.
As indicated in the attached Jaguar Heritage certificate the above V12 E Type was manufactured on 19th November 1973 as a open 2 seater LHD and was dispatched on the 5th February 1974 to British Leyland New York.
The first two owners of the car were on the west coast of the USA until in the mid eighties when the car was bought by a Mr. Daniel Gill then living in Michigan who began a full restoration to concourse winning standards (see pics). Daniel Gill who was a member of the JCNA continued to live in Michigan and entered the car in numerous classic car events where he was well known until his untimely death around 2007.
His widow Martha Gil moved to Florida kept the car for a further seven years in storage until she was able to part with it. The car was recommission by a local Jaguar garage in Florida and then advertised for sale.
The car was purchased in 2013 direct from Martha Gill following many conversations with her and the garage involved to validate the history, mileage and condition. Satisfied the car was a genuine rust free example in exceptional condition arrangements for repatriation to the UK were made in January 2014.
The car arrived in its own container at Felixstowe Docks in February 2014 In the condition was as described.
In March 2014 the car passed its first UK MOT with a recoded milage of 44702 and the work began converting it to right hand drive using all genuine Jaguar parts to UK specification.
It was decided that the car would be improved by fitting a manual gearbox and an original Jaguar E type box with overdrive was selected and reconditioned by Klassik Transmissions Wolverhampton. This is a well recognised upgrade as the overdrive gearbox directly replaces the auto box using all existing Jaguar mountings.
The following lists the work carried out and parts that have been replaced from 2014 to date:
• Re-configured to RHD using all genuine Jaguar reconditioned parts.
• Auto box replaced with a Jaguar E type manual gearbox with overdrive.
• Servo assistance fitted to clutch pedal
• Opus Ignition unit upgraded to REOPUS including new leads and plugs
• US emission components replaced/removed back to original UK spec.
• Ignition Retard replaced with Advance Unit with ported vacuum from N/S/R carb
• Stromberg carb overhaul including replacement jets and needles.
• Fitted new radiator header tank
• 4 tyres replaced with Dunlop SP sports
• New mohair hood fitted.
• Straight through exhaust fitted
• New/reconditioned alternator fitted
• New Hi Torc starter motor fitted
• Spin on/off oil filter upgrade
• IRS unit removed for overhaul
• Re-trim seat squabs and inner sills covers
• Fitted anti-theft fuel switch to dash using spare rocker switch
• Fitted manual fan over-run switch and adjustable radiator thermostat
• New solid state SU petrol pump fitted (old one in boot as spare)
• Both sills have been injected with waxoil
• Both tappet blocks and tappet covers re-sealed to cure minor oil ieaks
• All 24 cam follower buckets replaced and re-shimmed
• PDWA valve replaced
• Starter relay replaced
This is a low mile car in impeccable condition & ready for immediate extended use. We have seen it on a ramp & the underside is superb with no rot or corrosion at all.
Vintage & Prestige Fine Motor Cars
9 Globe Industrial Estate
RM17 6ST Grays
+44 7967 260673
Dealer Vehicle-ID: 2154
Accepted Payment Methods
What should be included in the print exposé?
Your data will only be transmitted to Classic Trader, not to the seller.
I am a private seller
With Classic Trader your vehicle is as good as sold. We support you along the way.
I am a dealer
Post an unlimited number of vehicles. Use Classic Trader as a professional distribution channel and benefit from our services.