1966 | Aston Martin DB 6
Marke Aston Martin Modell DB 6 Modellbezeichnung DB 6 Baujahr 1966 Zustandskategorie Restauriert Tachostand (abgelesen) 81'235 mls Matching numbers Ja Karosserieform Coupé Karosseriedetail Coupé Leistung (kW/PS) 207/282 Hubraum (ccm) 3'995 Zylinder 6 Türen 2 Lenkung Rechts Getriebe Manuell Antrieb Heck Bremse Front Scheibe Bremse Heck Scheibe Kraftstoff Benzin Außenfarbe Andere Herstellerfarbbezeichnung • Dubonnet Rosso Innenfarbe Schwarz Innenmaterial Leder Servolenkung Elektrische Fensterheber Klimaanlage
Built on 19 July 1966, this Aston Martin DB6 was sold early the following year to its first owner, a Mr Berg of Essoldo Circuit Control Ltd in Newcastle. Chassis number DB6/2895/R was supplied via Lex Garages and finished in Dubonnet Rosso with Black Connolly VM 8500 interior.
An original right-hand-drive UK-market car, it was fitted with engine number 400/2770 and the optional Borg-Warner automatic gearbox. Other factory-fitted equipment included chrome wheels, a heated rear windscreen, three-ear hub caps and a power aerial.
After Mr Berg, the DB6 passed to a succession of owners who were all based in the south-east of England – George Hamilton Hare in Chiswick, Brian Stanford in Surrey, and Jamil Anwar Hayat in Bromley. A copy of the sales invoice to Hare shows that he paid £1075 for it in June 1973 and that it was registered PLN 448E. It was subsequently given the number GBK 1D and a letter from Hare to a later owner says that he sold it because of its fuel consumption in that Oil Crisis era.
The Aston Martin changed hands twice in the early 2000s, and after acquiring the car in June 2004 its latest custodian embarked on a full restoration. This body-off process is fully documented in the car’s paperwork and he also enthusiastically started to trace the car’s history. Sadly, he didn’t get to the bottom of a bullet hole in the front wing, which he’d been told about by a previous owner. There was no sign of it until the car was taken back to bare metal, when it was found by the restorer.
One theory is that the DB6 might have been owned by Colonel Colin Mitchell – also known as ‘Mad Mitch’ – who served with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. This has never been confirmed, though.
The car was restored to first-class condition and now benefits from modern air-conditioning and electric power-steering. The electrics have been converted to negative earth and an alternator has been fitted, and the paperwork includes extensive invoices from Aston Service Works in Newport Pagnell as well as marque specialists such as RS Williams. There are also receipts going back to the mid-1970s and MoT certificates to the early 1990s.
Now being offered for sale in its original colour combination, this Aston Martin DB6 is beautifully presented and has been cared for with no expense spared. The automatic gearbox is well matched to the 4-litre engine, and it’s a superb example of this classic British Grand Tourer.
Zustand & Zulassung
Eingelöst Fahrbereit Fahrzeug-ID: 308248 Händler-Fahrzeug-ID: The Classic Motor Hub
The Classic Motor Hub
Old Walls, Ablington
GL7 5NX Bibury
+44 1242 821600