2001 | TVR Cerbera 4.5
Original Red Rose, 55k miles
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make TVR Model Cerbera Model name Cerbera 4.5 Year of manufacture 2001 Mileage (read) 55,000 mls Body style Coupe Body detail Coupe Power (kw/hp) 313/426 Cubic capacity (ccm) 4,475 Cylinders 8 Doors 2 Steering Right (RHD) Transmission Manual Gears 5 Drive Rear Front Brake Disc Rear Brake Disc Fuel Petrol Exterior colour Blue Manufacturer colour name Jamaica Blue Interior colour Beige Interior material Leather
First announced in 1993, the Cerbera intended as the flagship of the TVR range was an ambitious project, the first 2+2 coupe featuring a new AJP V8 engine designed and built in house. TVR’s bold new approach was much lauded by the motoring press and enthusiasts alike and the early road tests when production eventually began in 1996 were full of praise.
Unfortunately as is often the case with low volume British manufacturers a lack of testing budget and compromised production quality led to persistent reliability issues that rather marred the driving dream.
The owner of this example was determined to make the Cerbera Rose tinted dream a reality and fortunately he had the knowledge and deep pockets to complete the project. He is a driver of cars and this car was one that he loved more than any other having completed laps of Europe with his wife, young kids and with friends as well. It was on these trips that those legendary stories of TVR Cerbera’s reliability became reality and after spending a fortune on recovery trucks from a variety of places around Europe he took it upon himself to effectively totally re-engineer the mechanical components of the car.
The list of upgrades, uprated components, re-engineering and the like is huge and has happened over many years as and when the work was needed to a cost of just under £30,000.
- Silverstone Performance SP12 alloys.
- Heads, gaskets, oil pump, water pump refreshed, and water rails, cam covers and timing cover powder coated by Str8six.
- Zircotech coated headers and decats with 2 spare catalysts with the car
- New coils, leads, plugs, TP's fitted by APM
- Silicone cooling hoses fitted
- New Quaife big tooth std Ratio T5 by CTS
- Electric Water Pump and controller.
- Speed Six oil cooler
- Clock replaced with Oil temp gauge (Speedy Cables)
- Rose jointed throttle linkage
- Total suspension rebuild, all new wishbones and bushes (Richard Thorpe, RT Racing).
- Twin adjustable Protech dampers and Eibach springs 450f 375r
- Tilton 6000 series slave
- New Master cylinder
- New clutch
- Flywheel reworked by Russell Hinton
- Propshaft balance
- F1 Grade drive shafts with lifetime warranty from Dave Mac Propshafts
- New BTR Hydratrak LSD fitted
- Smooth drive - 414 bhp - Surrey rolling road
- Injectors rubberised by Injector Tune
- New steering rack and UJ's
- New Alternator
- New Starter
- Permanently plumbed in RS-AJP app.
- New Tyres
- Full Geometry
The sole intention of this work was to make this Cerbera the best driving version of itself. These modifications weren’t made with the intention of changing the captivating characteristics of the original but to enhance it with a level of reliability we now expect in modern performance cars.
The car is finished in Jamaica Blue, the only Red Rose to be finished in this colour, over Portland Grey interior with a navy stitch. 5 previous owners, 54,500 miles with 2 sets of keys. The private registration as well as the 2 original Cerbera child seats (which have been retrimmed to match the interior) are also included.
A TVR where the limit is defined not by the limit of reliability but by the fearlessness of the driver.
Condition & Registration
Registered Ready to drive Vehicle-ID: 247518
The Hairpin Company
+44 1249 760686
Compton Bassett, Wiltshire,
SN11 8RH United Kingdom