1960 | Austin-Healey 3000 Mk I (BT7)
Stage Rally Car
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make Austin-Healey Model 3000 Model name 3000 Mk I (BT7) Series ADO 30 Year of manufacture 1960 Chassis number H-BT7-L/7199 Condition category Conversion/ Special Mileage 333 mls Previous owners 3 First registration 02/1960 Engine number 29D-RU-H/8558 Matching numbers Yes Body style Convertible Body detail Racing car Power (kw/hp) 184/250 (Factory: 124 hp) Cubic capacity (ccm) 2,912 Cylinders 6 Doors 2 Steering Right (RHD) Transmission Manual Gears 4 Drive Rear Front Brake Disc Rear Brake Drum Fuel Petrol Exterior colour Red Manufacturer colour name Colorado Red Interior colour Black Interior material Leather
1960 Austin Healey 3000 MKI Rally car recently completed by JME Healeys. The car underwent a full restoration by JME Healeys inhouse to BMC ‘Works Rally’ specification with the aim to compete in HRCR and HERO rally events.
Chassis & Inner Structure:
- Chassis strengthened in 16 weak point locations.
- Reinforced engine mounts & wishbone mounting points
- Modified N/S front bulkhead support for triple carburettor clearance
- Full front & rear bolt-in roll cage with removable door bars.
- Custom Heavy duty aluminium sump guard.
- Steel outer body, correct for period MKI BMC rally car.
- Original hardtop. Fully overhauled. New paintwork, seals & headlining.
- Works front wing vents
- Works style boot lid
- Works type mesh radiator grille fitted.
- Front & rear mudflaps + front & rear inner arch gravel protection guards
- Steel Crankshaft & Steel Conrods
- Lightweight forged pistons.
- JME Spec Rally camshaft.
- Lightened flywheel
- Fully balanced main line.
- Gas flowed & polished cylinder head with competition valves.
- Tubular exhaust manifold & performance side exhaust system.
- 250BHP on Dyno & Rolling Road
- Triple SU 2” HD8 carburettors.
- Straight Works Inlet manifold
- Works style foam filled 80ltr fuel tank
- Double SU Fuel pump
- Custom bearing throttle linkage setup
- Tulip S/C gearbox
- Overdrive switch on gear lever
- Competition overdrive
- Uprated 9.5” Diaphragm Clutch
- JME Spec concentric clutch release bearing
- 4.3:1 Final Drive
- Quaife LSD
- Competition half shafts
- High deflection competition Propshaft
- Dual Circuit brake system with balance adjuster
- Competition front calipers – modified to accept later larger brake pads
- Rear disc brakes
- Balanced front & rear competition discs
- Competition Mintex brake pads
- Braided hoses throughout
- Hydraulic Handbrake
Suspension & Handling:
- Front & rear suspension competition bushes
- Uprated front & rear shock absorbers.
- Uprated front springs and rally rear leaf springs.
- New front & rear hubs plus competition wheel bearings.
- Uprated 3/4 inch front anti roll bar.
- Rear Tramp Bars
- 72 spoke wires fitted with Kumho Ecsta V70A performance tyres.
- Fully tailor wiring harness to suit rally dashboard & interior
- Competition Lightweight battery
- Electronic ignition
- Alternator conversion
- Electronic cooling fan kit
- Interior overhauled, including new carpets & side trim panels.
- Leather rim steering wheel,
- New leather Ridgard RS5 highback rally seats.
- Rollcage mounted rear view mirror
- Works BMC Spot light & centre light setup with covers
- Perspex front headlight protectors
- Competition sidescreens
- Rear rally overriders
- Bonnet leather straps
- Collapsible safety steering column
- FIA 4-point competition seat harnesses.
- Oil Catch tank
- FEV 3KG Novec Gas Plumbed in Fire extinguisher system
- FEV 2.5KG Hand held extinguisher
- Stilo WRC DES intercom system with headsets
- Navigators footrest
The only items remaining to be installed upon negotiation are the navigators rally clocks & trip meters.
This desirable works rally replica is offered for sale with detailed restoration and itemised build purchase documentation. Presented with UK V5C Registration Document, near BMC works registration number, Heritage certificate and all safety equipment certification.
No other purpose built rally Healey comes close to this that is available on the market at present.
Supplied as a turn-key car ready to be enjoyed.
For further information on this car or to arrange a viewing or test drive, please contact us on our email address at [email protected] or call our workshop on +44 01926 499000
Condition & Registration
Engine (Seller assessment): 5 from 5 Technique (Seller assessment): 5 from 5 Paint (Seller assessment): 5 from 5 Interior (Seller assessment): 5 from 5 Pink Slip until 10/2022 Historic license plate Registered Ready to drive Accident-free Vehicle-ID: 296207
+44 1926 499000