1983 | Osella FA-2000 IMSA
<h5 style="text-align: center;">COSTRUITA DA OSELLA SU RICHIESTA - ONE-OFF - STORIA DOCUMENTATA - CONDIZIONI ECCELLENTI</h5>
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make Osella Model FA Model name FA-2000 IMSA Year of manufacture 1983 Body style Racing car Body detail Racing car Power (kw/hp) 257/350 Cubic capacity (ccm) 1,998 Doors 0 Steering Left (LHD) Transmission Manual Gears 5 Fuel Petrol
The only one Osella built with a closed bodywork in the world
Chassis n. 001
Engine Type: BMW M12/7, 2000cc, In-line 4
Engine No. OS 86/85 – 1269506
Power Output: 350 HP
Drive Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Gearbox: Hewland FGB 400/098, 5 Speed + R
Brembo brakes, 280x26
Magnesium 13” alloy wheels
Fiber glass GTB Bodywork
Chassis: 25 CO4 Tubular – Avional 20/24
OMP FIA 2000 fire extinguisher
Osella Certificate of Origin and Construction Certificate
CSAI Technical Passport
FIA Chips n.1922
In 1983 driver Frank Werner from Chicago commissioned Enzo Osella a single-seater to race in the GTP class of the American IMSA Championship. The result was a closed racecar, the first and only one made in Volpiano, on which there is the BMW 4-cylinder from Osella-BMW that won the Formula 2 World Constructors' Championship in 1982 and 1983. This project showed the name “FA 2000 IMSA”.
The first Gran Turismo Prototypes, powered by the superb 2-liter BMW (reduced to 350 hp for endurance races).
Enzo Osella himself wanted to test the car himself on the track, shortly before his debut at the 1984 “24 Hours of Daytona”.
The car ended prematurely his career on the track, in the mid-eighties our FA 2000 ends up in the hands of some drug traffickers who hide it in a container. The car's news was lost for about a decade, until a doctor in New York, a car enthusiast, recovered it in very bad condition and transfers it to New York to bring it back to the splendid conditions of origin. Also, the Osella joined numerous participations in competitions and historical re-enactments in Italy in the last decade.
Very rare on the market, the cars able to mix exclusivity and passion, such as this splendid one-off of 1983, which also represents the only "closed" race car manufactured by Osella.
USA RACING PALMARES
- 5.2.1984 - 24 Hours of Daytona Camel GT Trophy – Werner Frank /Piercarlo Ghinzani /Corrado Fabi
- 26.2.1984 - 3 Hours of Miami - Werner Frank
- 24.03.1984 - 12 Hours Sebring – Werner Frank/Rudy Bartling
- 8.4.1984 - Road Atlanta 500 kms - Werner Frank/Pierre Honegger
- 10.6.1984 - 500 Miles Mid-Ohio Sports Car Race - Werner Frank/Pierre Honegger.
- 8.7.1984 - 6 Hours of Watkins Glen - Werner Frank/Pierre Honegger
- 26.8.1984 - Road America 500 Miles – Bob Johnson/George Wilkie/Mark Naas
- 4.2.1984 - 24 Hours of Daytona - George Wilke e Bob Johnson.
- 25.11.1984 3 Hours of Daytona - George Wilkie/J. Robert Johnson.
- 3.2.1985 24 Hours of Daytona- Bob Johnson, Juan Fangio III, Patty Moise e George Wilkie.
It is possible to view the car online, booking a call with one of our commercial operators, through Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp and Google Meet platforms.
Condition & Registration
Registered Ready to drive Vehicle-ID: 249377 Dealer Vehicle-ID: OSE00001
RUOTE DA SOGNO S.R.L
Via Daniele da Torricella, 29
42122 Reggio Emilia
+39 0522 268511