Genuine Ford Escort mk2 RS2000 Custom - Stunning restoration - RESERVED
Price on request
Registered on the 1st August 1978, we're delighted to offer this exceptional, early example of the Ford Escort RS2000 Custom, with the car being built with the following specification:
- Matching numbers 2 litre SOHC Pinto engine, mated to 4 speed manual transmission.
- Black paintwork (code A).
- Recaro Interior with 'Fish-net' headrests in Black (code A7).
- Slant nose / Droop snoot front panel.
- RS rear spoiler.
- 13" RS 4 spoke alloy wheels.
- 'Custom' trim level - full door cards, glove box, centre console, clock, drivers side 'remote' mirror adjustment, boot carpet.
Owned by a classic car enthusiast and restorer this RS2000 has over the last two years been restored with an approach to producing what we feel is one the finest examples of the marquee available, with works including:
- Complete body strip down, any poor body work has be professionally attended too, with a real focus on originality ensuring wonderful panel gaps throughout, followed by a bare shell respray in correct factory black with clear-coat lacquer. The paint finish is mirror glass smooth, with a reflection to match with the underside having the additional benefit of correct underbody anti-corrosion protection!
- All mechanical components stripped, checked for wear and either restored or replaced. The drive-train alone looks stunning, detailed correctly in every respect save for an upgrade alloy 'Ford RS' rocker cover and polished air filter for the twin-choke Weber.
- Radiator re-core.
- Suspension fully stripped and rebuilt with new shock absorbers, all bushes front / rear replaced, many upgraded to Polyurethane, all joints / bearings etc checked for play and replaced as necessary. All components painted or powder-coated.
- Rebuilt braking system including new disc / pads, calipers, brake master cylinder, servo etc.
- New OEM clutch.
- New fuel tank
- New 'Ashley' exhaust system.
- All fuel lines, brake lines, hoses replaced.
- All new window rubbers and seals.
- 13" RS 4 spoke alloys diamond cut and fitted with new Firestone tyres.
- Interior completely stripped, new carpets, seat covers, roof lining.
- New RS2000 decals as per factory specification.
With an exceptional level of detail, this car will not disappoint any way! Walking around the car, it's as if she has been stored away in secret, hidden out of sight since 1978. The doors open with a reassuring 'click' on the handle and nestling into the figure hugging Recaro fishnets, any enthusiast, or owner of a certain age, will be transported back in time as the 2 litre Pinto engine bursts into life, the exhausts distinctive sound (on blipping the throttle) reminiscent of hours spent in muddy fields waiting for the RS boys to flash past.......fear not, this car won' see a muddy field! Depressing the clutch and engaging first gear on this early Custom model and with a few revs applied the car pulls away smoothly. Each gear change and squeeze of the throttle presses the occupants firmly into the Recaro seats, the drive-train is just wonderful, suspension firm, brakes reassuring, we must admit its a real temptation to just 'chuck' the car side-ways into a corner or drift on a round-about, but the truth be told, this car is just too good and she's more likely to enjoy being cossetted in a collection, only venturing out on the nicest of days.
Beautifully restored, this RS2000 is just as you would hope it be and with a real attention to detail she looks stunning, drives wonderfully and is now ready to finds its rightful place in any classic car / Ford enthusiasts collection.
Absolute Classic Cars
Silvertrees Farm, Westmoor Lane
LN1 2JW Kettlethorpe
+44 1636 626070
Accepted Payment Methods
What should be included in the print exposé?
Your data will only be transmitted to Classic Trader, not to the seller.
I am a private seller
With Classic Trader your vehicle is as good as sold. We support you along the way.
I am a dealer
Post an unlimited number of vehicles. Use Classic Trader as a professional distribution channel and benefit from our services.