1953 | Alfa Romeo 1900 C Sprint
Online auction at auctomobile.com ends on the 6th of May
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make Alfa Romeo Model 1900 Model name 1900 C Sprint Series Typ 1900 Year of manufacture 1953 Chassis number AR1900C 01422 Mileage 45,479 km First registration 09/1953 Body style Coupe Body detail Coupe Power (kw/hp) 74/100 Cubic capacity (ccm) 1,884 Cylinders 4 Doors 2 Steering Left (LHD) Transmission Manual Gears 4 Drive Rear Front Brake Drum Rear Brake Drum Fuel Petrol Exterior colour Red Manufacturer colour name Rosso Matador Interior colour Beige Interior material Leather
- Special story auction day: MILLE MIGLIA ELIGIBLE!
- One of only 100 examples built by Pininfarina, 36 examples known to survive
- Late Series I example
- Italian-delivery example from new
- Documented with a lengthy Estratto Cronologico, FIVA card, and ASI certificate
- Entered the Mille Miglia in 2017
- All documents were checked and the car was photographed personally by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment in Prague, Czech Republic
In 1951 Alfa Romeo introduced a new model centred on a 2.0-litre inline four-cylinder engine. The 1900 was available in standard, long-wheelbase, and short-wheelbase chassis lengths, with the latter 1900C performing admirably in Italian Sports Car Championship races. While most were bodied by Touring, a smaller percentage received Pinin Farina fastback coupe coachwork. In any iteration, the 1900 is considered one of Alfa Romeo’s most collectable models, which powered multiple competition victories.
This late Series I 1900C benefits from a long life in Italian ownership. As demonstrated by numerous Auto Club d’Italia registrations (Estratto Cronologico) on file, chassis no. 01422 received a Certificate of Origin in late September 1953 and shortly thereafter entered a multi-decade chain of Italian owners. The car has previously competed in the Mille Miglia Storica and has spent the last four years of its life with an owner in Brescia. During this time the 1900C was restored and repainted in Rosso Matador and fitted with a new beige interior with dark brown piping. It is important to note that this car is fitted with a non-original but correct Tipo 1308 engine and is also accompanied by an unrestored spare original engine block. This beautiful Pinin Farina coupe would make a stunning complement to any sporting collection.
Condition & Registration
FIVA Mille Miglia eligible Registered Ready to drive Vehicle-ID: 238157
Pirita tee 20/4
+420 777 356 993