1956 | Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
Cadillac series 62
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make Cadillac Model Eldorado Model name Eldorado Biarritz Series Serie 62 Year of manufacture 1956 Mileage 86,810 mls Previous owners more than 6 Body style Convertible Body detail Convertible Power (kw/hp) 227/309 Cubic capacity (ccm) 5,972 Cylinders 8 Doors 2 Steering Left (LHD) Transmission Automatic Drive Rear Front Brake Drum Rear Brake Drum Fuel Petrol Exterior colour Blue Manufacturer colour name - Interior colour Blue Interior material Leather oldtimerLicensePlate
Reference number: 0000952
This Cadillac is a two owner car! In 1988, the current German owner buys this Cadillac from a lady in Beverly Hills, California. She got the car in 1956 from her husband. She really did not want to sell the Cadillac because she had so many nice memories of the car.
The car was new delivered by the Hillcrest Motor Company in Beverly Hills and had in addition to the rich features such as power windows, hydraulic roof, electric 6-way seat adjustment, tinted glass with EZ-Eye safety glass (windscreen with blue wedge), Autronic Eye (dimming beam for high beam ), Whitewall tires, power steering and brake, medium wave radio with channel search and electric antenna, leather upholstery the upgrade to the former Eldorado machine which has about 30 more horsepower (SAE) compared to the normal machine and boasts in the engine compartment by the golden double carburetor. The golden anodized grille as on this car was a very expensive option.
Of the Series 62 Convertible Coupe only a total of 8,300 units were produced
The model year 1956 was the last year with the small tail fins, those fins were introduced in 1948 and were cautiously getting bigger. From 1955, the Eldorado models had the big fins, which were found from 1957 on all models.
The Cadillac, in 1988, had run 56,000 miles and was visually in the same state as now (everything is original). The car was transported in 1988 by ship from the USA to Belgium. In 1989, the Cadillac was converted to German regulations (new headlights, hazard warning lights, etc) and registered with difficulty. The German TÜV wanted, for example that the "Dagmar Bumbers" are sawn off at the front so that nobody can injure themselves in an accident.
In 30 years, from 1988 to 2018, only 30,000 miles has been driven with this beautiful car. Incidentally, the fuel consumption is limited to only 16-18 L / 100km. The entire car is still original and has only been carefully revised. Of course the car is well documented. The following work has been done carefully to preserve the original character of the Cadillac:
- The original leather of the seats was removed as the old cotton seams were torn open. All seats were upholstered again and again covered with the old leather;
- The bearings, brakes and brake pads were renewed on all wheels;
- The engine was reconditioned in a specialist workshop;
- Complete overhaul of the carburetor system using NOS parts;
- Alternator, steering gear and starter renewed;
- The gearbox has been overhauled;
- New radiator and additional cooling fan installed;
- New electric wiper motor installed (previously worked with negative pressure);
- The entire electrical wiring harness has been renewed;
- Additional electric fuel pump was installed which accelerates the start of the engine when the car has stood for a long time;
- New tires and rims (the car had wheels that were too weak when purchased);
- In the interior and trunk the floor was repainted (original color) and isolated;
- In the trunk new carpet, light and electricity was installed;
- The speedometer has been restored;
- The tank has been restored;
- The chassis was renewed including all bushings, the rear shocks only recently;
- New battery;
- Modern radio with CD player in the glove compartment and stereo speakers under the seats;
- The clock has been restored and equipped with an electric drive;
- The subfloor was provided with protective varnish.
On one occasion a pencil was found under the carpet bearing the name of the Beverly Hills Golf Club.
In addition to many classic car rallies throughout Germany, the German owner drove his wife with the Cadillac in Switzerland, Brittany, Paris. They also drove the Rally Paris - Deauville, much to the delight of the public. What were these beautiful romantic rides and these can still be done with this Cadillac!
Today's owner sell the Cadillac for reasons of age and they wish young people the same fun they have had with this convertible!
Condition & Registration
Historic license plate Registered Ready to drive Vehicle-ID: 253247 Dealer Vehicle-ID: 710809958
Classic Park BV
5283 VK Boxtel
+31 411 605 000
Renald van Dyke