1962 | Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II (BT7)
Fast Road, Hillclimb & Rally Car
Vehicle detailsVehicle data
Make Austin-Healey Model 3000 Model name 3000 Mk II (BT7) Series ADO 30 Year of manufacture 1962 Chassis number HBT7-L/18739 Condition category Authentic Previous owners more than 6 First registration 03/1962 Engine number 29E/RU/H9595 Body style Convertible Body detail Racing car Power (kw/hp) 177/240 (Factory: 131 hp) Cubic capacity (ccm) 2,912 Cylinders 6 Doors 2 Steering Right (RHD) Transmission Manual Gears 4 Drive Rear Front Brake Disc Rear Brake Disc Fuel Petrol Exterior colour Red Manufacturer colour name Colorado Red Interior colour Black Interior material Part leather
1962 Austin Healey 3000 MKII Hillclimb & Rally Car
Chassis No. HBT7L/18739
Engine No. 29E/RU/H9595
Body No. 18724
Registration. USU 346
A nice and well maintained Austin Healey 3000. Imported to the UK from the States in 1989. Restored in the mid nineties and converted to RHD and fast road specification.
Sold by JME Healeys to the current owner in September 2014.
From the date of purchase, the owner has upgraded the car to specification now advertised. Maintained by ourselves at JME Healeys and Race 100 in Blockley, the car has spent the 2016, 2017 & 2018 seasons competing at Hill Climb events and the Healey Sport championship. Engine rebuilt by the renowned Richard Parker in 2017.
This well sorted competition car is ready to be Hill-Climbed or Road Rallied. The car is also fully road legal and needs to be viewed and driven to be fully appreciated.
Complete with V5 Logbook, detailed history and invoice document file detailing all works completed during current ownership including engine rebuild invoice. 2 Sets of Keys, drivers handbook, Thor hammer, Trickle charger.
An exceptionally high specification car that is nowhere near possible to replicate for the asking price.
Follow this link for onboard footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIBURswTaSc&feature=youtu.be
Please see below the full vehicle specification:
- Bare metal outer body respray completed by ourselves at JME Healeys October 2014.
- Original works hardtop. Supplied, reconditioned & fitted by ourselves October 2014.
- Aluminium works style boot lid.
- Cut down door side exit rally exhaust system.
- Works front shroud scuttle vent fitted.
- Weber carburettor inspection panel.
- Rally front grille assembly.
- Wing mounted bullet mirrors.
- Engine Rebuilt by Richard Parker Race Engines (April 2017). Engine producing 240BHP.
- Aluminium large core radiator.
- Front mounted remote oil cooler.
- Ignitor Electronic ignition.
- Zircotec coated exhaust manifold.
- Oil breather catch tank.
- Triple Weber carburettor setup.
- Facet fuel pumps with Malpassi fuel regulator.
- 100Ltr Sideways Engineering fuel tank fitted with ATL fuel sender & gauge.
- DWR Sebring Straight Cut gear ratio set.
- Competition overdrive.
- Reverse gear protector shaft installed to stop the accidental selection of reverse gear when quickly changing down from 3rd to 2nd gear.
- AP Racing clutch kit.
- Quaife LSD.
- 4.375 Rear axle ratio.
- High ratio steering box fitted with Sideways engineering collapsible steering column conversion.
- Sparco 330mm Suede 3 Spoke steering wheel fitted with removable steering wheel boss.
- Front & Rear Uprated shock absorbers.
- Front & Rear Polybush kits.
- Front adjustable top trunnion camber adjusters.
- Competition Front & Rear Hubs.
- 800LB front springs.
- Race front anti-roll bar.
- Competition rear springs.
- Rear tramp bars.
- Fosseway Performance 4-pot alloy front brake calipers fitted with uprated competition front discs.
- Rear disc brakes.
- Competition brake pads front & rear.
- Dual circuit brake pedal box system with brake bias adjuster.
- Independent brake & clutch reservoirs.
Wheels & Tyres:
- 72 Spoke MWS Black wire wheels fitted with Avon CR6ZZ tyres.
- Alternator conversion.
- High torque starter motor.
- Farringdon electronic tachometer.
- Anderson booster connector.
- Custom cages front & rear roll cage & door bars. Tailored and installed March 2016.
- 4-Point TRS seatbelts (Expiry 31st Dec 2021).
- Zero 360 FIA Mechanical Fire Extinguisher system installed.
- FIA Battery cut-off switch installed.
- Internal & External ‘T’ Pull handles for battery cut-off & fire extinguisher operation.
- Rear Rain light.
- Front & rear tow straps.
Interior & Dashboard:
- Tillet B6-44 GRP front seats
- Heated front windscreen
- Period Halda Twin Tripmaster mounted to dashboard
For further information on this car or to arrange a viewing or test drive, please contact us on our email address at [email protected] or call our workshop on +44 01926 499000
Condition & Registration
Registered Ready to drive Accident-free Vehicle-ID: 214414
+44 1926 499000